Relax.

I love to talk to people, but at the same time, I love being alone. I am so outgoing and conversational, but on a weekend when I have the option to, I honestly prefer to relax by myself and do quiet things, like watch documentaries while sewing, or reading. I have no fear in talking to a large group of people (unless I embarrass myself) but rather, I love to go on walks by myself and spend time with myself. I enjoy picking and choosing when I am with people and interacting because I get socially drained easily. Thoughts will do that to you, if your mind is always racing with thought but your mouth is only choosing the things to say that will cater to the like of other people. I have been babysitting since I was 12 years old. I thought I was so cool to act so old, as I would put the children to bed, do dishes, play with children, and watch the house until the parents got home late at around 10 PM. After I babysat and I would go to school feeling mature, I would then realize I was still, only 12. I could choose if I wanted to text boys and do makeup, or play with my American Girl Dolls. Adults saw me as a child, but I saw myself as not a child. As I grew older, I have never stopped learning when to pick and choose how I behave. How old I act, what I enjoy, its all up to me. Its all up to me when I am social, its all up to me when I spend time alone, and I am grateful for that luxury. As much as it is enjoyable to hang out with people, its also very important to allow yourself to "charge". Do a face mask, take a bubble bath, watch your favorite show, go on a walk, whatever can reset your mind. In my experience, it is good to take at least an hour a week to yourself, to charge, to relax, and prepare for another week of decisions. Relaxation is also important to moderate. Working every day all day is not healthy, but neither is relaxing every day all day, which also ties into the idea of balance. Decisons come aorund every day, but balance will help you be the most mentally strong.

0 comments