Dear Evan Hansen- a Review


Hey y’all! Welcome back to my b10g! Today, I am going to review the soundtrack from “Dear Evan Hansen” song by song. Enjoy!
 About- This Broadway Musical by Steven Levenson tells the story of a senior in high school named Evan Hansen who has social anxiety. After the suicide of one of his classmates, he fabricates a lie
that brings him closer to the classmate's family, while also allowing him to learn his own
sense of purpose. Read on to learn more about the show. 

Here is the list of songs on the album and their reviews

1. Anybody Have a Map? 8/10 
This is the first song in the soundtrack and it does a great job of setting the scene for the musical. It tells about two mothers from different sides of town, both with a son, who are trying to connect with their sons. These boys are Evan Hansen and Connor Murphy. The song is upbeat and has amazing vocals. 
2. Waving Through a Window 11/10
This is literally the best song in the soundtrack. Sung by Ben Platt, who has an amazing voice, this song talks about Evan Hansen and how he feels he is always on the outside of everything and doesn’t have any friends. This song’s rhythm and orchestra are amazing, I can’t even describe how much I love this song. 
3. For Forever 7.5/10
For Forever is a beautiful song. It is about Evan describing the “friendship” he had with Connor Murphy (they did not really know each other). The singing is amazing, but the song kind of drags on which can get annoying. In this song, Evan makes up a fake story about how he broke his arm, which he did, but it’s not the real story. It’s very pretty though, but sad.
4. Sincerely, Me 9/10
I love Sincerely, Me! Sincerely, Me is very upbeat and different compared to For Forever. Sincerely, Me is about Evan Hansen writing fake emails with one of his friends to make it seem like Evan and Connor were actually good friends. The song is so much fun and the vocals are amazing! The score is very good too. I would say it’s one of my favorite songs.
5. Requiem 8.5/10
 Requiem is an amazing song with amazing vocals. It is about how Connor Murphy’s sister does not care that her brother died because Connor was an awful brother and was so mean to her. The song is beautiful and deserves so much more attention. 
6. If I Could Tell Her 5/10 
The meaning of If I Could Tell Her is kind of unclear. I do not really like this song because I don’t know what it is about. I score it halfway though because I think that the singing is amazing and words are clever. 
7. Disappear 9.5/10 
Disappear is literally an amazing song. It is about Evan Hansen creating the Connor project so he is never forgotten, and nobody is forgotten after they die.
8. You Will Be Found 11/10
You Will Be Found is an amazing song. It’s about Evan’s project- The Connor Project- going viral. Evan makes a speech about how nobody is forgotten, and it reaches everyone around the world. The song is amazing and it deserves a lot of praise.
9. To Break in a Glove 7.5/10 
This song is good. It’s just pretty average, nothing too special. It is about Connor Murphy’s father gifting a baseball glove that he had gotten for Connor to Evan, and he teaches Evan how to break in the leather of the glove.
10. Only Us 6/10 
Only Us is not too interesting, and I don’t really understand the point. The vocals and lyrics are good, but it isn’t my favorite.
11. Good For You 6/10
Same as Only Us. Not my favorite, not very interesting.
12. Words Fail
I haven’t listened to this song too much, so I will not review it. 
13. So Big/So Small
I have not listened to this song too much, so I will not review it.
14. Finale 9/10
This song is a beautiful ending to the show in every way!

Thank you for reading! Comment some blog post ideas, and if I pick yours, I will follow you and shout you out!

0 comments