What Will I Be in the Future?

The other day, I was talking with my dad. He told me stories of how he had little money growing up, and how this motivated him to have a stable life for his family. This conversation came into play because I was stressed about the fact that I do not exacly know what I want to do with my life. He told me how often, kids who grow up being given everything they ask for, like me, do not do very well in the future because they do not know how to work hard. He was questioning me if I would be one of these people. Well, lets break it down. If I took over my father's business, which is four Servpro franchises, I would most likely be unhappy because I would have to remain living in Massachusetts. In this sense, I would fail. If I follow my passions to living in a city near the ocean with opportunity to grow and be well known, I believe I will do very well. We then went on to talk about how you are good at anything if you have passion for it. My worst fear is staying in one place all my life and tending to my husband and kids. My biggest dream is traveling the world and being a big time lawyer/politician in a big city near the ocean, like DC. This brings me back to my question of where I will get motivation to follow the life I want to have. My father got there by having motivation to give his children all possibilities they can have because he grew up in a home where he was not given much, and he had to work for it. I was given most of the things I have. I mean, I have a job, and I am dicisplined, but I never have had to work too hard at anything besides grades. I am trying to find my motivation to follow my dream. I know I need to take it one step at a time, but I truly believe with enough perserverance and drive I can get to where I want to be. I am as stubborn as a bull. I am very mature for my age and full of passion and drive. Although these personality traits contrast, I believe that my drive overtakes my stubborness and will push me to be better. My father has drive like me. We get it from different areas of our lives, but let me tell you when I want something, I will go off and get it, no matter what it takes. I cannot wait to see where life takes me. For now, I am so happy to be making differences and living my best life at my school. In the future though? Let me tell you, I will go far, I swear on it. I cannot wait for everyone who knows me in my current adolecense to look at me in adulthood and say, "hey I knew her!" Maybe life will take me a different way and I will become a country singer. Maybe I will become a suburban mother. Maybe I will live on a beach in Cambodia with only elephants as my social interaction. Whatever way this unperdictable life takes me, I am determined to use my drive to be the absolute best person I can be and use my gifts to go far.

0 comments