I left.


I went to a school,
Far from my old.
About 30 miles,
That's what I was told.

I left my best friends,
my peers, my mates.
Now I have none,
To this date.

I left because I was sad,
the public high school was bad.
Too big, gross, with an education that sucked,
I went to a preparatory school, that cost much.

I sit in my classes, confused to what's going on.
The normal classes are equivalent to honors at home.
I look for my friends, realize they don't exist.
For the reason I left. Now my old ones are gone.

Gone from proximity, but not from the heart.
As every weekend, we are not apart.
At school I cry, at home I love my life.
Nothing is ever good enough for my liking.

I block out the nice people,
Focus on the vile.
When at my new school,
the kids are actually really cool.

They invite me to sit with them at lunch,
As we are all strangers, with different munch.
I forget to look positive, but remember the bad.
When so much good happens, why can't I focus on the lads?

My old peers I knew,
They made me stressed.
The new ones are a million times nicer,
I can see this as my graduating class.

As for the homework, I go to office hours.
I sit and I talk, and smile at my papers.
Everything will be fine if you make it,
Just keep breathing and let yourself take it.

Sometimes I talk too fast. Sometimes too much.
When I am in sadness I make myself a bunch.
I know what I think of myself others will think of me.
So from now on, I decide to be happy.

Physics may suck but world hunger is worse,
The Crucible is a bad book, but climate change causes more hurt.
Everything has something worse,
Everything has something better.
This year I thought would end in a herse,
But is turning out to end in a flutter.

I left my old friends, made some new.
I left my old schoolwork, for a challenge fit for few.
I left my town, my favorite people.
I left the old school, for a change to begin again.

I regret nothing.
I am the happiest to be at my school.
If I was at home,
I couldn't start in the fall.

Goodbye blue and gold, hello maroon and yellow.
Sometimes the best things in life aren't very mellow.
Thank you for the old experiences,
Thank you for some new chances and more lessons.

My home friends will always have a special place in my heart,
As they are the real ones, right from the start.
My new friends are cool, there is much to be learned,
Both groups are amazing, and for that I am not hurt.







0 comments