Embarrassment: How to Overcome it

Hey B10ggers,
So, often, because of the type of person I am, I embarrass myself. I trip on my pants and gall down the stairs in front of half of my grade during the first week of school. I start talking and I don’t know when to stop. I accidentally say things sometimes that I shouldn’t share but I do. Today I had the opportunity to prove that I was changed, and I blew it. I started talking, and when I left I realized that nobody actually cared and felt humiliated that I portrayed myself in this way. Often, when I speak, I make myself out to be an annoying person who cannot stop talking which is what I do not feel on the inside. I feel like I am a person who has a lot of interesting things to say, but I talk so much and try to be somebody I am not that it does not work. Part of my embarrassment is when other people bring up things in front of people I don’t want to talk about it with. My friends brings up the fact that I am “bragging” about school when all I said is that we get our pictures taken in the woods. Everybody talks and talks and digs me into a hole, when I can never understand why I am the always attacked one. I believe I am a confident person, yet anytime people have something to say with me it’s poking fun at who I am and embarrassing me. I had the chance to start a new life at a new school and I blew it. I didn’t know when to stop talking, my smile was weird, and my insecurities defined me. I hate everything about what happens when I am social.

This is where I need to have a mindset where I can achieve things. I have the need to own a mindset where it all depends on how I decide to pay attention. I pay attention to the work in school, the social setting and time, which I can’t get behind. I need to identify that I need to learn how to be a like able person so myself. You cannot have others love you until you love yourself. Calm down the movement of the lips. Do not be someone you are not. Go along with the rhythm of the crowd and stand out in a way that shows confidence.


0 comments