PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

Hello again, welcome back to my b10g. Today I went to the marvelous New York with my French class. I shall be writing about my favorite part of this spectacular trip, Phantom of the Opera.
I awakened at 3:02 AM in the morning. I pulled on my blue and white striped jumpsuit, threw some mascara on and hopped out the door with my dad to the school where he said au reviour and put me in the thoughtful trust of complete strangers to him (my teachers) to bring me to a different state 5 hours away in a city. Fun!

So basically, we got lunch and all that stuff blah blah blah BUT then at 2 PM it was time for the broadway show. I have seen two broadway shows before, being Hamilton and Lion King. Lion King I saw when I was five with my family and my Australian aunt, and I remember the big city in the middle of February, and the biggest puppets I've ever seen. When I was 11, I grew into a moderately healthy OBSESSION with Hamilton. Every day I would ask my mom, "can we see Hamilton PLEASEEEE," and she would reply with the two problems we had facing us.
#1 New York is 5 hours away and
#2 Tickets are $900.00
That did not stop me from begging. When I was 12, for Christmas, I was surprised with tickets to see Hamilton with my good friend the next weekend. I cried like a baby when I got the tickets. I was so obsessed, and I knew everything about the play, so the show was fun to see what was different than what I had imagined and sing in my head along to the songs.
Now for Lion King, I was just told that I was seeing the movie but in real life, which I was fine with because I was, well, 5.

Okay back to the story.
In French class, since we were seeing the show together, we spent a day in class learning what the plot was. The night before I read the synopsis, and I had a very good understanding of what the musical was about. The one thing that was different though, was that I had no expectations and I had no idea what would happen. Phantom of the Opera's special effects, set design, choreography, blocking, props, EVERYTHING was absolutely marvelous and breathtaking. I did not want it to end. I was on the edge of my seat when the phantom or Christine Daaé sang. At the end, when she left, I almost even shed a tear.
The plot was spectacular, but the special effects and singing were absolutely incredible. The chandelier, I could feel the wind of it being lifted up on my arms. I felt the heat of the fire onstage on my forehead. I could watch this show again and again.
Anyways, I wrote this blogpost because I just got home. I am very tired. Goodnight.

0 comments