LEWIS THIS IS FOR YOU

If you are not Mrs. Lewis, or in the eighth grade, and you read this for enjoyment, b10gers I am going to ask you to not read this blogpost. 


Ms. Lewis,  not specifically for you more for your students.

Here are my three most important pieces of advice. No, you are not wasting time in class this is important read them please. Or make it homework to read this and write a report on it.

HELLO NEW 8 BLUE CHILDREN! 
Welcome to the cult*cough cough* I mean vibrant, diverse, outstanding group of learners!

You are probably confused. Intimidated. Having wondrous thoughts about eighth grade and why the heck you are starting a blog. Like, aren't bloggers weird nerds that sit behind their computer and drink coffee and read all day? Yeah honestly. I am actually writing this in English class right now. Look to the left of you. The right of you. To the ground. Now to the ceiling (if you see the name "David" written on the ceiling you get a piece of candy which KLew will give you right now.) Around you are  your peers for the next year. I am here to give you advice on how to survive in a classroom with these loser-I mean other students for 50 minutes a day for the next 10 months! 

First I would like to introduce myself. Look at the wall. Find a picture of Dr. Phil. Yep that's me. Ask Mrs. Lewis about Gerald at the talent show, the Jojo Siwa concert, the most epic blog giveaway you have ever seen on 8 Blue. Go to the third stall in the girl's bathroom and look at the back of the door. I also had all 4's the entire year in all my classes. Yep, that's all me. Above the clock there is a boarding pass from our team theme day. Yep that's me. My name is written under Ms. Lewis's desk in large sharpie. I left my mark on 8 Blue in a large way and this is how I will begin my first lesson. 

1. Be outgoing.
Refer to my "Public Speaking" blogpost for more information. Get out there. Perform at the talent show. DM the @team_8blue instagram and ask if you can run it. Do the speech at graduation. Look to the right of you. This person is now your best friend for the entire year. What I am saying is, get really involved this year, because school will be boring if you don't.

2. Do your homework.
Don't be an idiot. Comrades, I need you all to actually be prepared for class and do your homework. I know it's stupid, I know you all have heard it a million times, but the second best piece of advice I can give you for eighth grade is to actually do your homework. Believe me, it will make it so much of a less stressful year if you actually do your work. Just sit down and do it. They give you such a small amount of homework every day and I need you to pinky swear you will do it. Now, what is the best piece of advice I can offer you you may be wondering? Well, here it goes:

3. Tolerate others.
Okay, from experience, I can tell you, things don't always go your way. Sometimes you want something and don't get it. And you know what, that's okay if you are actually trying. If you aren't putting 100% effort in then leave right now. Last year, there were some leadership opportunities and other cool opportunities that I wanted to do but did not get picked for. And I tried again. I made it work. Anyways, do you know how awkward it is to avoid someone every time you walk into gym class or are leaving? Or when you receive a nasty text from an opponent and don't know how to respond? Because yeah, it's not fun. You don't have to be friends with everyone. But you must tolerate everyone-thats an order. No beef is the way to go! Seriously, don't eat red meat its bad for the environment. But if I have to tell you one thing, its don't talk behind other peoples backs because it will always come back to bite you in the butt. Don't retaliate. Just be chill, don't advance the situation. If your opponent won't listen and is actually really rude behind the scenes, just get over it! Be strangely kind to them! Literally do not be a (A Midsummer Night's Dream, Act 4, Scene 1, Page 9, Line 193, Word 8.) 

I want you all to take this year and make it the best. I want you to be kind and thoughtful and get good grades. This is my advice to you all, take it or don't. Continue to read my blog or you are a fake friend! Xoxo,
Avery

0 comments