The Laughing Kookaburra

Hello my lovelies and welcome back to my b10g. Today I am going to tell you about something that meant a lot to me when I was a kid, and that is the Kookaburra song.
So this is a Kookaburra
A Laughing Kookaburra is a bird which is native to Australia. Kookaburras are known for their call which sounds a lot like a laugh. Click here to hear a laughing Kookaburra. Now, why am I talking about the Laughing Kookaburra, you may ask? Growing up into the human I am today, my family always sung this Australian song. I am American, and my family is not Australian. My mom’s best friend ever is from Perth, Australia and lives there, and her name is Amy. For Christmas every year she would send my younger sister and I a box of Australian goodies from Australia. When she would come to visit, she would always sing this song with us, called the Kookaburra song. Here are the lyrics:
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me

Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me

Kookaburra sits on a rusty nail
Gets a boo-boo in his tail
Cry, Kookaburra! Cry, kookaburra!
Oh how life can be
( I wrote this in a larger font)

Now I decided to write a blogpost about this because this song was a huge part of my childhood.  Y parents would sing it too me when I went to bed, when I was angry, when I went to school, everywhere. Click here to hear how the song is sung.This song was written in 1932 by Marion Sinclair. It is a popular song to be sung in music class in Australia. Sorry this blogpost was short, I just think this song is quite nice and I wanted to write about it.
Have a lovely day 







0 comments